The world of interior design is always evolving, and carpets are no exception. As we step into 2024, some exciting carpet flooring trends are making waves while others are gracefully bowing out. Here's your guide to what's in and what's out in the carpet industry this year.
Embracing sustainable materials
- What's in: Sustainability is no longer a buzzword but a necessity. In 2024, carpets made from eco-friendly materials are at the forefront. Natural fibers like wool, sisal, and jute are popular for their biodegradability and minimal environmental impact. These materials not only support sustainability but also add a touch of natural elegance to any space.
- What's out: Synthetic materials that are not environmentally friendly are on their way out. As consumers become more eco-conscious, the demand for carpets made from polyesters and other synthetics that are not recyclable or sustainable is dwindling.
Bold colors and patterns
- What's in: Bold and vibrant colors are making a statement in 2024. Expect to see carpets with rich hues and dynamic patterns that can transform a room into a lively and expressive space. Geometric patterns, abstract designs, and even floral prints are in the spotlight, offering a quick way to inject personality into your home.
- What's out: Neutral and safe colors are taking a back seat. While they are still popular for their versatility, the trend is shifting towards more adventurous and bold choices in carpet designs.
Textured and plush carpets
- What's in: Textured carpets are all the rage in 2024. These carpets offer not only visual appeal but also a sensory experience. Plush, high-pile carpets are particularly trendy, providing a luxurious and comfortable underfoot feeling that is perfect for creating a cozy atmosphere.
- What's out: Low-pile and flat carpets are less favored this year. While they offer a sleek look and are easy to maintain, homeowners are leaning towards more plush options for added comfort and luxury.
Minimal environmental impact
- What's in: Carpets with minimal environmental impact are in. This includes carpets with low VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) and those produced using energy-efficient methods. The focus is on creating a healthy living environment without compromising on style and quality.
- What's out: Carpets that contribute significantly to indoor air pollution and those manufactured using processes harmful to the environment are on their way out. There’s a growing preference for carpets in Portland, OR, that are as good for the planet as they are for our homes.
Visit our carpet store for your flooring needs
To sum up, the carpet flooring trends for 2024 reflect a blend of environmental consciousness, bold aesthetics, and a desire for tactile comfort. Whether you're renovating your home or just looking to stay on top of the latest trends, these insights will help you make informed choices when you need carpet in Portland, OR.
Contact Carpet Mill Outlet for your flooring solutions. Our carpet store in Portland, OR, serves Portland, Oregon City, Milwaukie, Beaverton, and Lake Oswego, OR.