Carpet Mill Outlet has a skilled installation team to tackle any flooring upgrade. When you shop at our showroom in Portland, OR, you can find the best laminate flooring, which has the following:
● An abrasion rating of AC3, meaning it tolerates heavy residential foot traffic.
● Attached ( or sometimes unattached) high-quality underlayment.
● A thickness of 8 to 12 mm, which mitigates warping.
● Water resistance to increase durability.
1. A laminate floor floats above the surface beneath it.
Laminate planks and tiles click and lock together so installers can construct a floor that needs no attachment to a subfloor. Thus, a laminate floor can be installed over any material, including concrete or a hard surface floor.
Laminate flooring is scratch and stain-resistant, but the affected planks or tiles can be easily replaced if a mishap occurs.
2. Temperature fluctuation is considered when laminate flooring is installed.
Laminate planks and tiles are designed to contract and expand naturally with variations in humidity and temperature. You can depend on our experienced installers to ensure appropriate gaps remain along walls so buckling does not occur.
Be sure to bolster your floor's inherent performance by keeping your HVAC system in top condition.
3. Underlayment, or padding, is paired with waterproof laminate flooring for maximum performance.
Underlayment helps planks or tiles connect better and lay smoother, providing underfoot cushioning. Foam felt and rubber are effective materials, or you can choose more costly cork, which has natural antimicrobial and noise reduction properties.
Manufacturers usually list underlayment specifications for both standard and waterproof laminate flooring.
Visit our laminate flooring store today
Carpet Mill Outlet serves an area in Oregon that includes Portland, Oregon City, Milwaukie, Beaverton, and Lake Oswego. In addition to flooring installation, we offer services that include design consultation and free in-home measurement.
So, shop at home or visit our showroom in Portland today to begin your laminate flooring upgrade.